How to Upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 or 8: The Windows 10 is the best PC operating system with a powerful new Start menu, a UI that switches between and touch and mouse-friendly modes. If the PC is currently running Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8.1 Update, the person can check to see if it meets the requirements by using "Check my PC" in the Get Windows 10 app. To open the Get Windows 10 app, click on the small Windows icon found at the right end of the taskbar. The whole process of downloading and upgrading takes a minimum 2 hours of time.
How to Upgrade to Windows 10 Via Direct Download:
- To upgrade to Windows 10 firstly the candidate needs to navigate to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 and then click the "Download Tool now" button. Then they should launch the Download Tool and Click Select Upgrade this PC Now if you are just installing on this computer and want to do so right away.
- After it downloads, the software also goes through a preparation process and downloads some more files. This process may take an hour even on a high-speed connection.
- Then click Accept on the license terms screen and then wait till software checks for the updates. This process may also take several minutes.
- Then the candidate can click on the Install button. After that, wait for 20 to 30 minutes for the computer to copy the files. It will reboot several times. Then click Next at the login screen.
- After that Click Use Express settings. Some settings can be changed later. Then click Next on the "New apps for the new Windows" screen and the computer will say "finalizing your settings," and then take you to the Windows 10 lock screen.
- Finally Log in to your computer and Windows 10 will take another couple of minutes to do an initial setup. Then it will take you to the Windows desktop.
How to Create a Windows 10 USB Install Disk:
- The candidate can create Windows 10 install disk using 4GB or larger USB flash drive or a blank DVD. By using this DVD, it allows you to run the upgrade on multiple computers.
- Firstly the candidate needs to install the Download tool and launch it and then should select "Create installation media . . ."
- Then the person should select the language, edition and architecture (32 or 64 bits) of Windows and then select USB flash drive. When the process is completed, click Finish.
- Then Launch setup.exe on the flash drive to start the upgrade process and then select "Download and install updates" and click Next. And then wait several minutes for the updates to download. Then Click on the Accept button. Then click Install and the process may take for at least 30 minutes and after the OS has finished installing, you will be presented with a screen with your username
- Then click Next and Select Use Express settings and then click next again and login to the computer.