AP NTR Vaidya Seva Scheme: AP Dr. Nandamuri Taraka Rama Rao Vaidya Seva Health Insurance Scheme (Dr NTR Vaidya Seva Health Insurance Scheme) is sponsored by Govt. of AP. This scheme is implemented in PPP model of Health Insurance. It has been designed based on the health needs of poor patients and provides cashless services for identified diseases under secondary and tertiary care through a network of service providers from Government and private sector.
The main objective of this scheme is to provide universal health coverage for families under Below Poverty Level (BPL). The Stakeholders in this scheme are Beneficiaries of the scheme, Vaidya Seva Health Care Trust, Network Hospitals, District Administration, Software Company
The members of Below Poverty Line (BPL) families’ having White Ration Card linked with Aadhar card and available in Civil Supplies Department database will fall under this scheme.
This scheme will provide coverage for the services to the beneficiaries up to Rs.2.50 lakh per family per annum on a floater basis. There will be no co-payment under this scheme.
The health coverage will be given for the 1044 “Listed Therapies” for identified diseases in the 29 categories. The person is going to get primary care through free screening and outpatient consultation both in the health camps and in the network hospitals.
Services of the Scheme:
- The End-to-end cashless service is offered through a NWH from the time of reporting of a patient till ten days post discharge medication. It also includes complications if any up to thirty (30) days post-discharge, for those patients who undergo a “listed therapies”.
- Free OP evaluation of patients for listed therapies who may not undergo treatment for “listed therapies”.
- The pre-existing cases under listed therapies are covered under the scheme. It provides Food and Transportation.
- There will be follow-up services for a period of one year through fixed packages to the patients whoever requires long term follow-up therapy in order to get more benefit from the procedure and avoid complications. The Follow-up package for consultation, investigations, drugs for one year for listed therapies were formulated by Technical committee of the Trust in consultation with specialists.
- If there is any emergency, the patient should be admitted by a NWH and treated immediately. The MEDCO or treating doctor will obtain emergency telephonic pre- authorization through dedicated round the clock telephone lines of the Trust.
- If the patient is found to be suffering from diseases other than the diseases that are mentioned in the listed therapies, the person should be referred to nearest Govt. Hospital for further treatment.
- After the patient is completely recovered, the NWH will issue the discharge summary giving 10 days post-discharge medication and will also counsel the patient for follow-up. The patient will be reimbursed the transport charges as per the norms of the scheme and will be given a receipt.