RRB Exam Pattern and Syllabus: The Railway Recruitment Board has released notification for the recruitment of Engineers or Assistants. The number of vacancies for these posts is 2235. The Online examination will be conducted on 22-08-2015 and 05-09-2015. The duration of the examination will be 2 hours.
RRB Assistant OR Engineer Exam Pattern 2015:
Name of the Organization: Railway Recruitment Board
Total Number of Posts: 2235
- The questions for the computer based Online examination will be generally within the educational standards and minimum technical qualifications prescribed for the posts.
- The questions will be in objective form with multiple choices. There will be questions under different sections like General awareness, Arithmetic, General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Science and Technical Ability.
- There will be a total of 150 questions, out of which 90 questions will be of Technical Ability and General Science and 60 questions will be from General awareness, Arithmetic, General Intelligence and Reasoning.
- The question papers will contain questions in Objective Multiple Choice Type. The question paper will be in Urdu, English, Hindi, and local languages.
RRB Engineer or Assistant Syllabus 2015:
- For Category 1 to 25 and 53, 54: Basic concepts of Science from class XII standard, Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics, Computers, Environment & Pollution Control, Instrumentation and Measurement and Engineering Drawing or Graphics.
- For Category 26 to 50: Basic concepts of Science from class XII standard, Civil, Electronics, Computers, Mechanical, Electrical, Environment & Pollution Control, Instrumentation and Measurement and Engineering Drawing or Graphics.
- For Junior Engineer IT: MS Office, Computer fundamentals and organization, C, C++ and Java language, Information systems, UNIX, SAD, Data and Network communication, DBMS, System programming, Operating systems, Web technology and programming, Software Engineering, Environment and Pollution Control.
- For Chemical Metallurgical Assistant: Basic concepts of Fuel, Material Science, Polymers, Thermodynamics, Applied Chemistry, Computers, Instrumentation and Measurement, Environment and Pollution Control.
There will be negative marking and 1/3rd of the marks will be deducted for each wrong answer. The persons should not use calculators or any electronic devices. The candidates should read the instructions on the back side of the call letter. The persons will be selected based on the performance in the online exam and the interview.
Important Dates to Remember:
Online examination dates: 22-08-2015 and 05-09-2015